Where can I get help and advice?

Dan 24/7 -

Call 0808 808 22 34

DAN 247 the Wales Drug and Alcohol Helpline provides free and confidential information or help on issues relating to drugs or alcohol.

The site includes a link to an online database which will assist you to find helping agencies in your own locality.


Alcohol Concern Cymru -

Call 02920 226746 

Alcohol Concern is the national agency supporting alcohol misuse.They would like to reduce the incidence and costs of alcohol-related harm and to increase the range and quality of services available to people with alcohol-related problems.

Alcohol Concern provides information and encourages debate on the wide range of public policy issues affected by alcohol, including public health, housing, children and families, crime and licensing. They support specialist and non-specialist service providers helping to tackle alcohol problems at a local level, whilst also working to influence national alcohol policy.


ChildLine - 

Call 08001111 

This is an interactive website with sections for children and young people, teachers and parents. It provides information about alcohol abuse and personal safety, peer pressure, crime and the law, home and families, online safety and interactive activities.


Drink Wise Wales -

This website is produced by Alcohol Concern Cymru. Alcohol Concern Cymru is the national agency on alcohol misuse campaigning for effective alcohol policy and improved services for people whose lives are affected by alcohol related problems. Alcohol Concern Cymru does not provide help and advice on alcohol related problems to individuals, but the links page gives details of local agencies who will be able to provide expert advice to you.


NHS Wales -

Call 0845 46 47 

NHS Direct Wales provide health information on a wide range of conditions, treatments and local health services.