NRG-1, Energy-1, Energy-1 and Rave
Naphyrone is a stimulant drug. It is closely related to ‘cathinone derivatives,’ including Mephedrone. These are a group of drugs that are cousins of the family of amphetamine compounds. It is an off white / yellow powder which is usually snorted (like Cocaine) or swallowed (‘bombed’) in wraps of paper. If the drug is snorted – a razor blade will be used to chop it into lines on a hard level surface such as a mirror or a sheet of glass or tile.
- There is little evidence of its long term effects or the risks of taking it
- NRG-1 is known to induce euphoria, talkativeness, alertness and feelings of empathy
- Increased body temperature, short attention span, jaw clenching.
- Anxiety, paranoia and suicidal tendencies
- NRG-1 can cause overstimulation of the heart and circulatory system and over excitation of the nervous system
- Hyperthermia and high blood pressure
- Use of NRG-1 can lead to fits
- This drug also reduces inhibitions and can induce drowsiness, coma, seizures and insomnia
- Death. The risk of death could be increased if used with other substances including alcohol.